Looking for a last-minute gift to give during this holiday season? Well, I’ve got a SUPER-easy recipe for you! Easy Christmas Pastilles! They’re little disks of chocolate covered in red and green sprinkles. Perfect to bundle up and give as a hostess gift, or serve as a post-prandial treat with coffee. And, they’re so easy that a literal child could make them!
These chocolate candies are made using a microwave, and then popped into the freezer to harden up. Have I mentioned how easy they are to make? I cannot emphasize that enough! And so customizeable! Last year I made the classic non-pareil version, so this year I decided to change this up. Choose your own holiday-themed sprinkles from your local bulk store, and you can adapt them to any theme. Shades of winter whites with cool blues? Red and green? Candy canes or holly? If you have the sprinkles, you can make endless designs!
Let’s get to making some!
Easy Christmas Pastilles
These chocolate pastilles are so easy that a child could make them, and customizable to an endless variety of themes!
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. sprinkles
- Place chocolate chips in a mug and microwave for two minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until completely melted.
- On a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, drop the chocolate by scant teaspoonfuls, to form little pools of melted chocolate.
- Immediately GENEROUSLY sprinkle your sprinkles on top until chocolate is completely covered.
- Pop into freezer for 5 minutes.
- Once hardened, remove from parchment paper, and re-use leftover sprinkles to make additional pastilles.
Serving Size:5 pastilles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 10gProtein: 0g
These Easy Christmas Pastilles are so great to whip up at the last minute. And who doesn’t love chocolate? (Aside from my DH, that is.) You could place a bunch in a cellophane bag, tie it shut with curling ribbon and a Christmassy gift tag, and voila, a Christmas gift is done! If you’re looking for more gifts from the kitchen, check out these last-minute gifts you can make in your microwave! Plus, more last-minute food gifts!
Next Post: Perhaps my Mocha Latte Mix, perhaps my Peppermint Hot Chocolate Mix…perhaps something else entirely!
Leave a Reply