It’s no secret that I’m a chocoholic, and brownies are my particular weakness. So when I tasted a yummy Skor brownie from a local bakery, I knew I had to recreate it at home. It’s an absolutely perfect treat! Rich fudgy brownie, topped with 3-ingredient fudge icing, topped with Skor toffee crumble, topped with chunks of Skor chocolate bar. I know, right? This Bakery-Style Skor Brownies is the sort of treat that you bite into and make appreciative ‘mmmm’ noises as you close your eyes in foodie bliss. Not exaggerating one little bit!
I’m sure you’re all drooling just reading the description, and if you’re not, you should be, because oh-emm-gee these brownies are THE best! Seriously. Make them and impress your date, your MIL, your co-workers, or just eat them all yourself. But make them — they’re easier to mix up than you’d think, and they are SO delish!
Let’s make some!
- 1 c. butter, melted
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 2/3 c. cocoa
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 can condensed milk
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. Skor bits
- 2 Skor chocolate bars
- Mix butter and sugar together, and beat in eggs.and vanilla extract.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Pour into a parchment paper lined 9x9 inch tray, and bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the centre is set but not dry.
- While the brownie is cooling, mix the condensed milk and chocolate chips in a pot over medium heat until completely melted.
- Pour over the brownies in the tray, and sprinkle the Skor bits on top.
- Cut the Skor chocolate bars into 6 pieces each, and press into the top of the brownies. Enjoy!
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 272mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 2gSugar: 46gProtein: 5g
You could easily make these Bakery-Style Skor Brownies gluten-free by swapping out the brownie recipe for my gluten-free brownie recipe. Or switch the chocolate bar to another flavour. But I find the combo of toffee crumble on top of fudge icing, on top of fudgy brownie, all topped with actual Skor chocolate bar? Well, it’s pretty much perfect!
Next Post: Probably a revamped post about my Oma’s Dinner Pancakes. They’re like a cross between Dutch Babies and Crepes, but easier to make, so versatile, and such an easy weeknight dinner!