Every now and then I like to send in some yummy baked goods to my husband’s workplace. I’ve made them Candy Cane Cookies, Cupcakes with Coconut Buttercream Frosting, and Dutch Chocolate Cupcakes, just to name a few. I’ve also sent in my SUPER yummy, and very addictive Cappuccino Cupcakes! These delicious cupcakes start with French Vanilla cupcakes (or chocolate ones), and are topped with super-delicious and super-addictive Cappuccino Buttercream. And for good measure, I place a little chocolate-covered espresso bean on top! Yummy, and just enough caffeine to put a little pep in your step. *drooling just thinking about them*
Want to know how to make them? Let’s get to the recipe!
CAPPUCCINO CUPCAKES (with Cappuccino Buttercream)
- one batch vanilla cupcake batter or chocolate cupcake batter
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 1/3 c. shortening
- 3 1/2 c. icing sugar (add more icing sugar if you like a stiffer icing)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- chocolate-covered espresso beans
As you are making the cupcake batter, stir in 1 tsp. of coffee granules. You need to stir the granules in with the wet ingredients, so that the granules have time to dissolve. Bake the cupcakes according to the recipe, and let cool.
Then, make the cappuccino buttercream. Whip the butter , shortening, and remaining tsp. of coffee granules together until fluffy. Add in the icing sugar (1/2 c. at a time) and the vanilla extract. Beat on high for at least 10 minutes, so that the buttercream becomes nice and fluffy. Using a piping bag and a 1M piping tip, pipe the icing in swirls onto the cupcakes. Top cupcakes with an espresso bean. Eat and enjoy!
Around this time every year, I think about my blogging goals for the New Year and write about them. They’re generally Big Goals, and often Stretch Goals, and occasionally even Big Hairy Audacious Goals. Why? Well, why not? To quote Norman Vincent Peale (or someone. There’s debate as to who actually said it), “Shoot for the moon; even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars”. I’m aiming for blogging fame and fortune (or at least a solid income) and more importantly, to turn people on to how fun and easy it is to cook delicious foods in your own home. And on that note, here are my goals! (Some are a repeat from last year’s goals. That’s okay, I’m going to hit them eventually!)
- Complete the Elite Blogging Academy 3.0 course. I’ve worked my way through part of it, and want to complete it this year.
- Get a sponsored post
- Start an Instagram account
- Monetize my blog (specifically by adding in ads – possibly side bar and/or in text, and looking into affiliate marketing)
- Switch platforms to a more polished and professional one (I’m thinking of the foodie pro theme on the genesis platform)
- Hire a graphic designer to design a header for me
- Switch to an automated email platform (probably paying for Mailchimp, although I’m investigating Sumo as an option, as well as continuing to pay for a P.O. Box)
- Hit 10,000 views/month (I’ve improved over last year, and am learning about how to up my pageviews, but still haven’t hit this yet)
- Revamp my pinterest strategy
- Build my email list (I’ve been working on building it this past year, and put together a freebie e-book about kitchen substitutions for those who opt-in to my email list. If you haven’t yet, sign up via the sidebar on the right!)
Those of you who read last year’s blogging goals post will realize that it’s very similar. But that’s ok — I’m going to hit the stars one of these days!
Speaking of stars, thanks to all of you for reading my blog. I truly appreciate that you find value in my writing and recipes. And here’s a very delicious 2018!
Next Post: That Strawberry Cranberry Jam I wrote about? Or perhaps a recipe for Super-Easy Pesto Focaccia? Or perhaps Pesto Swirl Bread? Mmm…so many delicious things to make in 2018!
Linking Up at Meal Plan Monday! And I was even FEATURED at Full Plate Thursday! And also linked up…at Foodie Friday!
Wow, I am impressed with your New Year’s Resolution, it is much higher than mine, which was to drive by more mailboxes.
I, too, set goals for my blog, but I did it on my anniversary.
Margaret, you are already a success – I am impressed. However, I look forward to the day when I can say, “I read her blog before she was famous.”
You are so sweet, Jeannie! And so funny, as always. I love reading your posts!
I will love your Cappuccino Cupcakes, they look awesome! Happy to see you here at Full Plate Thursday and thanks so much for sharing with us.
Your post is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week! Enjoy your new Red Plate and thanks so much for sharing with us!
YAYYYY! Thanks, Miz Helen! This totally makes my day, forget that, my WEEK! 🙂
Pretty! This has been a really wonderful article. Thanks for supplying these details.